Zero Waste Bakery
At Zingerman’s Bakehouse, we’re working toward our vision of being a ZERO waste bakery!
- Reusing, recycling and composting through out our business
- Using unbleached compostable parchment paper
- Using compostable hot soup containers, spoons, forks, knives, and tasting spoons for samples.
- All our light fixtures have been retrofit for smaller more efficient bulbs
- Motion sensors were installed to further reduce energy use
- Printing brochures and packaging on recycled materials whenever possible
- Eco-friendly liquid propane powered delivery vehicles
Next we’re working on reducing our water usage!